I'm not a doctor or nutritionist.
But I do read a lot. In doing so, I've discovered certain facts that thousands of doctors and researchers all agree upon.
This is despite the advertising, conventional wisdom, and pharmaceutical-sponsored "news" articles you may have seen to the contrary. Their findings explain why many, if not most, of the thousands of young performers I've known are...
- underweight, (that’s right- underweight!)
- chronically lacking energy
- often sick with colds and coughs
- suffering from acne, allergies, headaches, digestive disturbances, mood swings, anxiety, chronic stress, and a variety of other symptoms of emotional and nutritional imbalance.
How is this related to your career? Any career?
I'm assuming two things about feeling and looking unhealthy:
- You don't like it.
- You don't perform as well- artistically, academically, or even socially.
In hopes that you'll welcome some easy-to-read, well-documented health advice, I offer you this little column which will serve either as an occasional sidebar, or as the main blog entry, depending on my schedule each month. Slowly and steadily start doing as much of this as you can, and you’ll...
- look better
- feel better
- think better
- become a better performer- in any field.
In fact, it's my firm conviction that your career will take a surprising and permanent leap, (dancers: pun intended), forward.
Until next time, take good care of yourself.